Boost your skills. Speak with confidence.
Behind every great orator, there is a great speechwriter. Before delivering a speech, one must master the writing part, including the core message, and the outline. Learn the tips and tricks of writing engaging speeches.
Find out how you can grab your audience's attention in the first 30 seconds. Make your call-of-action crystal clear. In this action-packed class, you'll discover the art of creating those memorable speeches.
1. The Art of Persuasion and Argument
A four-hour course which provides a comprehensive overview of what’s involved in conceiving and writing a great speech. It is suitable for people who are starting out as speechwriters, as well as for those who would like to refresh and invigorate their speechwriting. The course is highly participative, combining theory and practice throughout the day. In addition to the essentials, you will learn techniques for creating speeches that engage, persuade and inspire an audience.
The course covers:
- The anatomy of a great speech
- Writing for a specific audience
- The process of speechwriting
- Discovering your proposition
- Structuring your argument using rhetoric appeals
- Using visual language to help your audience see your key message(s)
- Understanding the difference between tone and voice in writing
- Writing openings that grab an audience’s attention, and closings that stick in their memory
2. The Craft of Performance
A four-hour course which highlights your journey to develop, refine and rehearse your speech. Once you have your speech in writing, delivery is a whole different matter which you must also master in order to engage your audience better. This course will make you to remove yourself from your comfort zone and use your limbs, voice and expression as part of your delivery tools.
This course covers:
- Understand the importance of body language in speech delivery
- Know how to control the volume of your voice and measure your intonation
- Understand specific cues when emphasizing on words and phrases
- Learn how to use your expressions and gestures to make contact with your audience
- Learn how to sound genuine and how to measure your rhythm
- Know how to exude confidence and measure your pace
- Learn how to move gracefully when delivering a speech
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
This course is perfect for professionals (all levels) who want to learn public speaking.
HOW IT WORKS
The course is held at our facility for just four (4) hours, including one coffee break.
DISCOUNTS & PAYMENT PLANS
We offer 10% discount for all students (ID required) and specific payment plans for individuals and organizations which enroll three or more participants in the same course.