Seek resources with grace. Foster innovation.
As an essential skill, writing proposals are never an easy job. Not only you need to cultivate professional relationship between an organization and donor, the proposal outlines the project, overviews the budget, and uses framework to establish ideas formally.
If it’s not officially documented, it doesn’t exist. Be the facilitator, the mover of good will in this world. Learn the practical structures, identify and approach funding sources, draft inquiry letters, and create a non-refutable proposal.
By the end of the course, we aim for the participants to be able to:
• Understand basic writing process
• Understand the fundamentals of grant proposal writing
• Define scope of work and write a mission statement and project goals
• Construct a finished proposal for submission.
1. BASIC ELEMENTS OF GRANT PROPOSAL
• Identifying your different audience (companies, non-profit organizations, other funding agencies)
• Identifying different types of grant proposals (event, short-term activity, long-term activity, research, scholarship)
• Understanding the structure and formats of a grant proposal
• In-class writing assignment: define scope of work, mission statement and project goals
2. PRINCIPLES OF PROPOSAL WRITING
• Understanding the SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound) concept.
• Developing an effective grant proposal which meets the SMART criteria
• Creating an effective grant proposal which suits the participants’ specific needs
• In-class writing assignment: constructing a grant proposal that will gain a win-win result
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
This course is perfect for professionals (all levels) who want to learn writing grant proposals.
HOW IT WORKS
The course is held at our facility for just 4 (four) hours, including a coffee breaks.
DISCOUNTS & PAYMENT PLANS
We offer 10% discount for all students (ID required) and specific payment plans for individuals and organizations which enroll three or more participants in the same course.