Research doesn't have to be boring. Make it genuine.
Designed specifically for young scholars, this course focuses on writing research findings, compiling data, and composing them as an academic paper, ready to be published in academic journals and presented in scientific conferences.
One thing is for sure: while you’re developing your practical skills in the scholarly field, you will integrate creative thinking approach. Think outside the box, try something different when writing in the academic discipline.
1. Understand academic values: scientific thinking, critical thinking, academic honesty
2. Construct a valid and sound argument with subtopics
3. Expand ideas, create outline, and add data for academic paper
4. Find, comprehend, cite and reference credible sources
5. Develop a final paper using writing steps: rewriting, editing and finalizing
HOW IT WORKS
The workshop is held at our facility once a week for (4) four weeks for a total duration of 8 hours (4 sessions @ 3 hours/session). It combines lectures, reading assignments and discussions; as well as in-class exercises, take-home assignments, and response-writing.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
Young scholars, including junior lecturers and graduate students who have an idea for their research papers. Or, anyone who wants to try to write an academic paper.
Danny Yatim is a feature writer and lecturer at Atma Jaya University.
DISCOUNTS & PAYMENT PLANS
We offer a 10% discount for university students who would like to join the workshop; and a 15% discount for anyone who has previously taken a course/workshop at The Jakarta Post Writing Center. Please contact us to find out about our other payment options.